Happy Halloween! We had a great week! I hope everyone has a fun and safe night!
Here are some of the things we have been working on:
· Began Topic 4 on working with equal groups
· Learned repeated addition (ex:4+4+4=12)
· Learned about arrays to make equal rows and columns
· Solved word problems using repeated addition
· Halloween math with adding and skip counting
In Fundations and Reading
· Practiced trick words using gel boards
· Finished Unit 4
· Learned 5 syllable rules to break words apart in Unit 5
· Learned a new vocabulary word disrupt
· Used Drawing Pad to make words on the iPad and mark the words
· My groups read A Halloween Rhyme and we looked for rhyming words, nouns, verbs, and adjectives. We even wrote our own group Halloween poem. It was fun!
· Read and completed a tree booklet and read Are Trees Alive?
· Read Tess’s Tree and Maple Trees before observing and sketching 3 types of leaves and seeds we find in Burlington. (Maple, Oak, and Pine)
· Read aloud A Tree is Nice and made a list of why trees are great!
· Went for a tree walk with Miss P and our iPads to examine and take pictures of parts. We’ll make an electronic book next week with the pictures!
· Went over the study guide for next Friday’s tree test. Please help your child study!
We wrote creative spooky stories about a haunted house! They were good!
It’s been a busy week! We had fun showing our adjective pumpkins for the Vocbulary Parade today!
Have a great weekend!
-Mrs. Farrand :)