It’s November? How is that even possible? It feels like we just started!
Here are some of the things we have been working on:
· Drew pictures to help us solve problems with repeated addition
· Took our Topic 4 test
· Took our Benchmark Test for Topics 1-4
· Began Unit 5 on Place Value using tens and ones by playing a partner game
· Read a math story and colored tens and ones
In Fundations and Reading
· Practiced trick words for Unit 5 using gel boards
· Learned the -ic rule for multisyllabic words
· Learned 7 new suffix endings and practiced them
· Learned a new vocabulary word mimic
· Played Desk Pop to practice multisyllable words
· My groups are reading Mr. Putter and Tabby Pick the Pears and Henry and Mudge Under the Yellow Moon. They are both by Cynthia Rylant. We are practicing TTQA (Turning the Question Around) to answer written questions in our reading response journals. We are also working on making connections.
In Science and Writing:
· Created a tree book in Book Creator with the help of Mrs. Weldon of the 3 types of trees we find in Burlington around our school. (Maple, Oak, and Pine)
· Read aloud Me and My Family Tree
· Wrote answers to a family tree scavenger hunt
· Played Tree Jeopardy to review for the test
· Took our tree test to complete our tree unit
We had a nice Veteran’s Day Assembly this morning too! We sang a song called, “We Love Our Flag.” They did a nice job! :)
It was a fast week and we have a short week again next week too!
Teachers have PD on Monday and then Veteran’s Day is Tuesday, so I won’t see the students again until Wednesday, November 12th.
Have a great weekend!
-Mrs. Farrand :)