Here are some of the things we did this week!
- used place value to add one digit and two digit numbers with regrouping
- showed the tens and ones using cubes and paper and pencil
- played review games to make tens and help with regrouping
- learned when we need to regroup
- wrapped up Unit 7
- began unit 8 on r-controlled words using ar and or
- practiced trick words with a fun relay
In Social Studies:
- reviewed continents and oceans songs
- learned about cardinal directions and made a compass
- practiced cardinal directions and landed on a map grid to borrow a beanie baby
- discussed landforms and bodies of water
- made a vocabulary booklet
- watched short movies on landforms
*Check the backpack folder for a special study guide for a maps and globes and landforms test on Thursday February 6, 2014. Please help your child prepare for the test.
Have a wonderful weekend!