We had another great week in second grade! I can’t believe it’s October!
Here are some of the things we have been working on:
· Read the story Two of Everything and created our own book of magic pot problems. Everything that goes into the pot gets doubled!
· Played games Roll and Double, Double It, Double Arrays, Rolling 3 numbers
· Added numbers with two numbers and discussed order
· Learned about near doubles
· Added numbers with 3 numbers to decide which to add first looking at tens, doubles, and near doubles first
In Fundations and Reading
· Learned the word chunk
· Practiced our trick words using gel boards
· Played a game called Desk Pop to practice spelling words
· Read “The Story” in Frog and Toad Are Friends and practiced sequencing
· Read Lucky books and took our Unit 2 test
· Read Growing Frogs which reviews the life cycle and is a personal narrative
· Played Jeopardy to review for our test
· Took our amphibian test (They did so great!)
· Mr. Muscleman came and taught us pumpkin science. It was cool!
· Finished our class book for our personal narratives on the first day
· Began discussing an individual topic for our next personal narrative
· Did noun activities for review
Enjoy your weekend! Fall has definitely arrived!-Mrs. Farrand :)