Here are some things we did:
- Worked on skip counting
- Learned vocabulary words compare and order
- Compared numbers for greater than and less than or equal to
- Ordered numbers from least to greatest or greatest to least
- Looked for patterns in number sequences
- Worked on 2 syllable words with long e
- Learned the words greedy and valley
- Practiced long e words together
- Played trick word relay
- Took our Unit 11 test
I got to have my whole class during reading time this week and we did a lot of fun things!
- Read Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and wrote our own silly storm stories. They were very funny! We will share them next week.
- Reviewed homophones and read Dear, Deer
- Made a class homophone book
- Learned about Cynthia Rylant who is the author of Henry and Mudge books
- Partner read The First Book and completed information about the story
- Reviewed verbs by singing or song and highlighting verb words
- Made an ABC verb book
- Learned about temperature
- Watched a Brain Pop Jr. video
- Practiced recording the temperature together
- Did a fun experiment with water and ice
- Read about tornadoes and hurricanes
- Read about cool clouds
- Went over the study guide for our upcoming test 4/2
In Social Studies/Writing
- Continued researching our special continents to make our own reports
Our weather test is on Wednesday April 2nd. Please help your child study!
Also, more snacks are needed for the basket!
Thursday April 3rd we will be having our field trip to see Henry and Mudge Live!
If you could send in the report card folders too, that would be wonderful!
Enjoy your weekend!