We had a great start to the month of March! I hope we see signs of spring soon!
Here are some of the things we did this week:
- Used models to subtract two digit numbers with and without regrouping
- Played a math game with cubes to help with regrouping tens and ones
- Learned to use the number line to help us subtract
- Solved addition facts to check our subtraction
- Began Unit 10 on long a sounds ai and ay
- Learned new trick words
- Practiced making words with magnetic tiles and writing
- Practiced trick words by playing trick word relay
In Writing/ Social Studies:
- Edited our facts for our class report on North America
- Learned about adding a table of contents, illustrations, labels, and captions to our writing
- Completed our class book report on North America. It looks great! They worked hard!
- Read about weather and answered questions
- Reviewed the water cycle
- Learned the 3 main types of clouds: cirrus, cumulus, stratus
- Made a cloud booklet and learned a cloud song
Our class has earned 50 compliments! I'm so proud! As a class reward, they voted to have stuffed animal day on Monday 3/10. Please help them remember their stuffed animal for Monday.
Field Trip Reminder- Students should bring in their permission slip and $10 cash for our field trip. Thank you for those who turned it in already!
We have our special Toast to Memorial Fundraiser beginning again! Mrs. Nelson and I are doing a "Snack Attack" basket. Each child should bring in one snack to add to the basket. Please see the green flyer today for more information.
I hope you have a nice weekend. It's strange when 34 degrees feels warm! :)
-Mrs. Farrand :)