We had another busy week in second grade! Sometimes I think I need to wear roller-skates at school to keep up with everything!
Here are some of the things we did this week:
- Used mental math and paper and pencil to solve subtraction problems
- Learned about two parts questions using addition and subtraction
- Took our Topic 9 test
- Took our pre-test for Topic 10
- Played a games counting tens or ones
- Learned new vocabulary words delay and complain
- Learned new homophones
- Practiced dictation using white boards and composition books
- Completed Unit 10 with our test
In Writing/ Social Studies:
- We read our completed our class book n North America
- Wrote about what we think we know about the next special continent each student is researching in groups
- Began researching and recording facts in our notebooks
- Reviewed the 3 types clouds by watching a cloud video
- Learned the four types of precipitation: rain, snow, sleet and hail
- Made a small booklet to help with definitions
- Watched a precipitation video and recorded facts
We have our special Toast to Memorial Fundraiser beginning again! Mrs. Nelson and I are doing a "Snack Attack" basket. Each child should bring in one snack to add to the basket. So far we have only 4 or 5 snacks. Thanks for contributing!
Have a great weekend! Check out the fun photos too!
-Mrs. Farrand :)