The week went by so fast after a nice week off!
Here are some of the things we did this week:
- Began Topic 9 on subtraction
- Took a pretest and read a subtraction story
- Learned about regrouping tens and ones with cubes
- Learned about regrouping with paper and pencil
- Finished up Unit 9 using er, ir, ur
- Practiced trick words by playing trick word relay
- Learned vocabulary words thirsty and return
In Writing/ Social Studies:
- Went to the computer lab to do research
- Learned about adding adjectives to our facts
- Used linking words to combine facts into better sentences
- Began our unit on weather
- Discussed what we know
- Made a cool folder
- Learned about the water cycle
- Made a water cycle wheel
- Watched a water cycle video and wrote 2 facts
We celebrated Dr. Seuss day on Friday and had a special guest reader from the high school! We also read about Dr. Seuss with our 5th grade reading buddies.
I hope you have a nice weekend. Sorry my post was a little late!
-Mrs. Farrand :)