- Learned even and odd numbers
- Practiced 10 more and 10 less
- Used charts, data, and clues to solve problems
- Took a Topic 1-4 Benchmark Test
- Practiced ST Math
- Took our Topic 5 test
In Fundations and Reading:
- Reviewed using Raz Kids on the iPads
- Played a game called Desk Pop to practice spelling words
- Learned new vocabulary words: disrupt and mimic
- Learned 5 syllable rules to break words apart
- Used Drawing Pad to make words on the iPad and mark the words
- Practiced trick words using Chalkboard app
- Learned the -ic rule for multisyllabic words
- Read Arthur's Teacher Trouble and Henry and Mudge Under the Yellow Moon
- Practice writing using TTQA and Beginning, Middle, End
- Learned the inner tree parts
- Watched Pierre's Terrific Trees clip
- Read Tess’s Tree before observing and sketching 3 types of leaves and seeds we find in Burlington. (Maple, Oak, and Pine)
- Went for a tree walk around the school with our iPads to examine and take pictures of parts.
- Did Leaf Rubbings- They loved this!
- Read about coniferous (evergreen) trees in our scholastic magazine
- Created a tree book in Book Creator with the help of Mrs. Weldon of the 3 types of trees we find in Burlington around our school. (Maple, Oak, and Pine)
- Read aloud Me and My Family Tree
- Wrote answers to a family tree scavenger hunt on our Room 206 Tree Museum Walk and discussed where our families came from around the world
I sent home a study guide for our Tree Test on November 12th. Please help your child study for the test! Students will have no school on Tuesday the 10th and Wednesday the 11th.
Enjoy the weekend!
-Mrs. Farrand :)
|Tree Museum Scavenger Hunt|
|Looking at the Burlington Trees around our school!|