Here's a peek at what we accomplished!
- Added tens and ones
- Used the hundred chart to add
- Added multiples of ten
- Looked for patterns by skip counting
- Began Unit 6 on V-E syllables
- Practiced writing v-e words
- Learned rules for s or z sounds
- Learned the word doze and rise
- Watched Silent E video on Brain Pop Jr. and played Desk Pop
- Read about Pocahontas
- Compared Squanto and Pocahontas
- Read about the First Thanksgiving
- Worked on looking for nouns and answering questions by looking back at the pages for information.
- Began our Non-fiction Narrative unit (Biographies)
- Read Testing the Ice as an intro about Jackie Robinson's life to spark talk about who a hero is
- Wrote about a hero we know
- Began researching information on Abraham Lincoln for a class book
- Read The Giving Tree and wrote 4 things that bring us happiness
- Read about Giving Thanks and wrote persuasive pieces about everyday items we should be thankful for such as pillow, shoes, chairs, etc. They are cute!
Our 5th grade buddies visited us and helped us think of 6 things we are thankful for this year.
Check for a notice about out upcoming field trip! It'll be fun!
Next week is short. We have a half day on Wednesday.
I hope you had a great weekend!
-Mrs. Farrand :)
|Researching with friends!|
|Our Persuasive Thankful Writing|