We had another great week!
Thank you to all the parents who brought in things for the Kitchen Gadgets basket! It is looking awesome!
Here's a look at our week....
- Identified and recorded 3-digit numbers in expanded form (200 + 30 + 1), standard form (231), and number word form (two hundred thirty-one)
- Added and subtracted multiples of 10 or 100 to and from a 3-digit number without regrouping
- Students found, identified and applied number patterns to numbers on a hundred chart
- Used skip counting by 5s, 10s, and 100s up to 1,000 -We even skipped around the room! :)
- Made a place value kite craft
- Played Close to 20
- Students edited their continent reports in order to prepare for publishing, focusing on using correct punctuation and spelling
- Began to transfer their edited work to publishing paper, organizing it under appropriate headings as they go
- Created pictures with labels and added captions
- Made an “All About the Author” page too
Many students are finished and they are looking great!
We also interviewed a classmate and wrote descriptive paragraphs about them. We learned a lot!
- Practiced more words with 2 syllables in Unit 11 for long e
- Practiced trick words
- Took Unit 11 test
- Groups read some nonfiction about Dolphins and Crocodiles and Lizards. They love learning new information about animals and discussing text features!
Have a wonderful weekend!
-Mrs. Farrand :)