- Field Trip: Thursday, January 29th
Here's a look at our week! January is flying by!
- Students used models to add to a 2-digit number and a 2-digit number
- Took our Symphony test on the iPads
- Practiced place value with hundreds, tens, and ones
- Students set up and solved a 2 digit number and another 2 digit number to see if regrouping needs to happen
- Played a new game called "High Roller" with a partner to practiced adding and subtracting
- Learned r-controlled sounds: ir, ur, er
- Practiced dictation with white boards
- Learned verb and squirm as words of the day
- Practiced trick words using chalkboard app and gel boards
- Discussed and created a non-fiction features flap book to look at the parts that can occur when reading non-fiction texts.
In Social Studies:
- Learned about Martin Luther King Jr.'s life
- Watched a Brain Pop Jr. video and read a Scholastic Magazine
- Discussed fact vs. opinion
- Played Jeopardy to review for the test
- Took our maps, globes, and landforms test
- Wrote a diamante poem comparing winter and summer
Have a great weekend!
-Mrs. Farrand :)