Our first week back after vacation went by really FAST!
Here is a peek at our week:
- Learned how to find the missing part of 100 by counting up using a hundred chart
- Used the hundred chart to subtract 2- digit numbers
- Used mental math strategies to subtract multiples of 10
- Identified extra information and missing information in word problems
- Took Topic 7 Test---every student did very well! :)
- Read about New Year's around the world and answered questions
- Wrote our New Year's resolutions
- Practiced making words
- Took Unit 7 Fundations Test
In Social Studies:
- Learned the differences between maps and globes by doing a fun coin activity
- Read Me On The Map and There's A Map on My Lap
- Learned 7-5-4-2 for the 7 continents, 5 oceans, 4 hemispheres and 2 poles
- Sang a continents and oceans song
- Named the 7 continents by looking at a map and colored a word map with continents and oceans
- Students drew their own maps of our classroom
- Watched a Brain Pop Jr. video on continents and countries and maps
We wrote our New Year's Resolutions. They came up with great ideas!
I hope you all had a nice vacation. Thank you for turning in the field trip money for our field trip on January 29th. I'll pick chaperones soon!
Also, our homework is changing next week. Your child is aware of this and we are practicing leader/follower sentences using our Fundations words.
Have a great weekend! Stay warm! :)