- No School-Monday, January 18th
- Test on maps, globes, and landforms on January 22nd
- Field Trip: Thursday, January 29th
Here's a look at our week!
- Started Topic 8: Adding 2-digit numbers
- Heard a story about addition and played a game together
- Students used models to add to a 1-digit number to a 2-digit number
- Used concrete models to add a 1-digit number to a 2-digit number and decided if regrouping was needed
- Students added a 1-digit number to a 2-digit number, regrouped if necessary, and then recorded the process in a vertical addition frame
- learned r-controlled sounds: /or/ /ar/
- Students took Unit 8 fundations test
- Took our iReady test
- Read Rosie's Story and Wonderful Winter
In Social Studies:
- Learned cardinal directions and made a compass
- Practiced map skills with Royal Castle directions
- Practiced map skills with a Map Attack packet
- Introduced landforms and bodies of water
- Watched a Brain Pop Jr. video on landforms
- Made a booklet of definitions
- Learned about map grid directions and got to land on a special beanie baby spot that they can take care of for a week! We had fun with this activity! Ask your child to explain it!
Have a great long weekend!
-Mrs. Farrand :)
Topic 8 Math Game: