I hope you had a nice, long weekend with your family! This week flew by! We are gearing up for the big event next Friday! I can’t wait!
Here are some of the things we have been working on:
· Used non standard measuring with paper clips
· Measured items in the classroom with rulers in inches and centimeters for standard measurement
· Measured using inches, feet and yards
· Practiced sounds of oo, and u
· Wrote words on the white boards to mark
· Finished DRA testing in reading to check progress
· Started The Gooey Chewy Contest and Silly Willy in groups
· Mr. Muscleman came to review our special sun, moon, and earth information
· Played Jeopardy to review for our test
· Wrote silly solar system stories
· Took our test (Most did very well!)
· Began learning about persuasive writing
· Read I Wanna Iguana
· Wrote letters to our parents to convince them to get us a pet we want. They are very convincing!
The Famous American Tea is coming on Friday June 6th at 9:00 a.m.!
Please RSVP if you haven’t yet, so I’ll know how many people are attending.
Also, please make sure the students are finalizing their scripts and costume ideas. The scripts and costumes must be turned in by Monday, June 2nd.
Enjoy your weekend! I hope the weather is nice and sunny!