We had a great week of learning in second grade! May is a busy as a bee month! It was also teacher appreciation week! I’m glad I have so many sweet second graders who make my job fun!
Here are some of the things we have been working on:
· Took our pre-test for Topic 12 on Geometry
· Played a game to look for solid shapes
· Discussed and learned a lot of new vocabulary such as
Flat surfaces, faces, vertices, edges, quadrilaterals, polygons, and angles
· Read a book called Solid Shapes
· Played a center game to discuss solid shape attributes
· Used pattern blocks to look at sides, angles, and vertices
· Had a plane shape and solid shape scavenger hunt in our classroom
*See Fun Photos
In Fundations and
· Took our last IReady test
· Began Unit 14 on ow, ou sounds
· Played TWINGO for trick word practice
· Read Aesop’s Fables and Coral Reefs
· Researched and started our IPad reports on a special insect in the computer lab
· Played insect Jeopardy
· Read about Lightning Bugs and looked for text features
· Took our insect test (They did very well!)
· Played Roll A Bug
· Made a special poem for Mother’s Day (I think you’ll like it!)
Happy Mother’s Day to all the mothers! I’ll have my first one with Asher!
*Thank you for the money and permission slips I have received so far!
If you haven’t turned in the slip and money it is due on Monday!
Enjoy your weekend!