Snow already? I'm not ready! I hope you had a nice start to the week with your son or daughter! We tried to pack in as much learning as possible in three days!
Here are some of the things we have been working on:
· Took an addition fluency test (The reflex in helping!)
· Learned about place value to break apart tens and ones
· Learned number words and practiced writing them correctly
· Practiced our math facts
In Fundations and Reading
· Practiced written dictation
· Learned 2 new vocabulary words: kindness and handful
· Took our Unit 5 test
· My groups finished reading Mr. Putter and Tabby Pick the Pears and Henry and Mudge Under the Yellow Moon. We practiced writing the beginning, middle, and end for one chapter. We also used a Venn Diagram to compare both stories.
· Began our new unit on reptiles
· Read aloud Miles and Miles of Reptiles
· Created a folder with the 4 types of reptiles- turtles, lizards, snakes, and crocodilians
· Learned special characteristics and discussed what we knew already
· Watched a short video called All About Reptiles
We read the story The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein and had a great discussion.
We created a class book about 4 things that make us happy. They did a great job!
We also wrote a narrative piece called “My Best Friend.” The students described their best friends, what they do together, and why they are best friends.
Have a great weekend!
-Mrs. Farrand :)