- Took pre-test on Topic 8
- Played a game regrouping tens and ones
- Learned what regrouping is
- Used cubes to solve addition sentences to see if regrouping was needed
Question for your child:
When do you need to regroup?
(If there are 10 or more ones, you regroup)
- Week 3 of Unit 7
- Reviewed syllable types
- Learned suffixes y, ty, ly
- Practiced new vocabulary
- Played Twingo to help with trick word practice
One group began a folktale The Old Woman Who Lived in a Vinegar Bottle and a fiction story called
How Pizza Came To Queens
In Social Studies:
- used a Venn Diagram to compare maps and globes
- Read Me on the Map and made a "Where I Live" book
- Learned the 7 continents and 5 oceans and sang songs to help us
- Watched 2 Brain Pop Jr. videos
- Wrote diamante poems comparing winter vs. summer
I have noticed that some students need a little more help with completing and be responsible for their homework each day.
Please help your child check over their homework and make sure it is coming in when it is due.
If they prepare their things the day before this will help them. I would greatly appreciate it!
Have an excellent weekend with your special son or daughter!