Here are some things we learned this week:
- Students subtracted using multiples of 10
- Used problem solving to help them find missing or extra information
- Math game centers to engage students with their learning
- Had Unit 7 math test--every student did great!
- In reading groups, we read a raz-kids non-fiction story about Martin Luther King Jr.
- Worked on fact and opinion statements
- Discussed the importance of Martin Luther King Jr., and what he did for people
- In FUNdations: played TWINGO (trick word bingo)
In Social Studies:
- Started to talk about maps and globes
- Read Maps and Globes, by Jack Knowlton
- Students worked in groups of 4 and created maps of the classroom
**The students had a great time exploring at the Discovery Museum, Mrs. Farrand and I took pictures and hope to get them posted on the blog soon**
Thank you to all the parents and students for all your kind words and support during the last few months. I have had the most amazing time teaching your students and am sad to leave. Mrs. Farrand is back and is excited to finish the year with her class. I will see everyone real soon!
Miss Santullo :)