We had a great week of learning in second grade!
Here are some of the things we have been working on:
· Subtraction with separating stories
· Subtraction with comparing stories
· Fact Families
· Make Ten- a math game to make combinations of 10
· Began changing classrooms for Fundations and
· Did some getting to know you activities
· Discussed friendship
· Started reading Frog and Toad Are Friends
· Took our I-Ready test
· Read about frogs and answered questions using TTQA (Turn The Question Around)
· Watched a short All About Amphibians video
· Compared frogs and toads using a Venn Diagram
· Miss Pavlicek came from the
Science Center to bring us an American Toad named Milo that we can observe!
· Sang a verb song
· Made a list of verbs that describe us
· Wrote verb poems to display for Open House next week!
· Picture Day is on Tuesday 9/24
· Back to School Night is on Thursday 9/26, so I hope you can all come!
Enjoy your weekend!
-Mrs. Farrand J