Friday, May 10, 2013

Peek At The Week


This week flew by, but we had a great time learning together!

In Math, we made some very cute fraction caterpillars with a pattern. We also learned about mixed number fractions when dividing an odd number. We sorted fractions into groups. We also colored some fraction flags and labeled them appropriately. They are doing very well with fun fractions!

In Science, we played Jeopardy to review for the insect test. I can tell the students studied hard for the test! We also presented our awesome insect reports. They came out very well!

In Social Studies, we have started learning about the country of Mexico. We watched a geography video and a Brain Pop Jr. introduction video about Mexico’s holidays. We also made an awesome map.

In Writing, we wrote a very special poem for Mother’s Day! They came out very well and I can tell that each student definitely shares a special bond with their mom! I hope you like the poem and gift! I also hope all of the mothers get to be pampered this weekend!

Thank you for all of those who sent in the extra field trip money. I still have a few who need to send in $6.25 as soon as possible. I appreciate it!

I hope you enjoy the weekend with your family and this nice weather lasts!
                                                                         
-Mrs. Farrand J