My students had a busy week without me! :( I have been battling a virus all week and I hope it will be gone soon because I miss being with them! My substitute did a fabulous job teaching them in my absence. I should return on Monday!
- Began Unit 5 on Place Value using tens and ones by playing a partner game
- Read a math story and colored tens and ones
- Learned about place value breaking apart tens and ones
- Learned number words and practiced writing them correctly
- Practiced greater than, less than, and equal to
- Practiced looking at numbers before and after
In FUNdations and Reading:
- Practiced trick words
- Practiced the 3 sounds of -ed
- Reviewed words
- Took our Unit 4 test
My groups read Halloween poems and fun poem story called A Halloween Rhyme. They looked for rhyming words, nouns, verbs, and adjectives and practiced rereading to work on fluency.
- Read The Busy Tree, Fletcher's Falling Leaves, and A Tree For All Seasons
- Made a tree life cycle
- Read and answers questions about trees
- Learned fact vs. opinion for trees
- Read a Scholastic Magazine and answered questions
- Learned about similes
- Wrote similes about Halloween
- Wrote creative spooky stories about a haunted house!
They also had fun showing their adjective pumpkins for the Voabulary Parade on Monday.
Thank you for helping with the family trees! I can't wait to see them all on Monday!
Have a safe weekend if you are going trick or treating!
-Mrs. Farrand :)