October is flying by! We are having a great time learning and growing together!
Here is a peek at the week:
- Began Topic 4 on working with equal groups
- Learned repeated addition (ex:4+4+4=12)
- Learned about arrays to make equal rows and columns
- Solved word problems using repeated additon and pictures
- Took our Topic 4 test
- Reviewed the two types of trees- deciduous and evergreen
- Read and highlighted important information and made a cool pop up trees
- Had Pumpkin Science with Mr. Muscleman
- Looked at parts of an oak tree with a poem
- Watched a forest ecosystem video and sang a cute song about maple trees
In Fundations and Reading
- Learned about suffixes s, es, ing, ed, er, and est to make plurals
- Practiced our trick words using gel boards
- Played a game called Desk Pop to practice spelling words
- Practiced words with s, es, and ies suffixes
- Read The Lad Who Went to The North Wind and The Teeny Tiny Teacher. We are practicing beginning, middle, end together.
- Completed our personal narratives- They were great!
**Reminder: I sent home a special Family Tree Project for your child last week.
The posters are due on Thursday, October 29th. Please help them gather what they need. If you have any questions, please contact me!
Have a great weekend!
-Mrs. Farrand :)
|Mr. Muscleman teaching us Pumpkin Science|
|Will it sink or float?|
|A cool chemical reaction|
|My Lunch Buddies!!|