We had a great week and a fantastic time at The Discovery Museum. Ask your child to tell you about the cool water challenge they had to do in a group. It was not easy!
Here are some of the things we have been working on:
- Students added using the hundred chart
- Students mentally added a two digit number to multiples of ten
- Students looked for patterns in tables and questions to solve
- Took our Topic 6 test
- Practiced facts on Reflex
- Began Unit 7 on open syllables
- Learned vocabulary word -shy
- Practiced dictation with sounds and words
- Played Desk Pop to practice spelling
- Learned how “y” can have the sounds of e or i at the end of 2 syllable words
- Working on DRAs to determine students new reading levels and new groupings
- Read All About Snakes and make a long snake filled with information
- Made a 6 super snakes booklet
- Learned the 5 Burlington Reptiles and made a booklet
- Presented our reptile reports to the class (They did a great job!
*A study guide went home yesterday for your child’s reptile test on Tuesday, Dec. 16th. Please help your child study!
Also, be on the lookout for more information regarding our Secret Pal activity. I can’t wait to see what they can create!
Have a great weekend!
-Mrs. Farrand :)