I can’t believe it’s December! I can feel the energy in the air! It was so great to meet with you to discuss your child’s progress. I am proud to be their teacher! Thank you for your continued support and partnership. I couldn't do it without you!
Here are some of the things we have been working on:
- Students mentally added 10 to two digit numbers
- New vocabulary: mental math, tens digit, next ten
- Students mentally added a two digit number to a one digit number
- Students mentally added a two digit number to another two digit number
- Reviewed place value for tens and ones
- Used tens rods, counters, and tens frames to help us
- Learned the exception rule for a v-e syllable, -ive for give and also the suffix -ive
- Learned vocabulary word -adjective
- Practiced dictation with sounds and words
- Played Desk Pop to practice spelling
- Took our Unit 6 test
- Read about Shortcut by Donald Crews
- Practiced a Hokey Pokey song about summarizing
- Worked on summarizing a story together using a flip chart and then writing a paragraph
- Read about lizards
- Compared lizards and salamanders using a Venn Diagram
- Read about alligators and crocodiles
- Compared alligators and crocodiles using a Venn Diagram
- Read a book called Mr. Willowby’s Christmas Tree
- Wrote a book review to convince others why they should read the book too! It was fun!
- Students chose a book and wrote their own book reviews
Reptile reports and pictures are due on Monday! Please help your child finalize their facts and pictures.
Have a great weekend!
-Mrs. Farrand :)