We had a great week of learning in second grade! It was so nice to meet you at Back to School Night! Thank you for coming!
Here are some of the things we have been working on:
· Completed Topic 1 and took our test
· Began Topic 2 on addition
· Practiced a new game to make 10 with a partner
· Learned a game called Plus 1 or 2 Bingo
· Practiced adding 0, 1, and 2 to other numbers
· Learned doubles through a doubles rap and practice
In Fundations and Reading
· Began switching classrooms and tiering students
· Began Unit 2 in Fundations on bonus letters and glued sound all
· Practiced routines and did a getting to know you activity
· Learned the words toss and stall
· Practiced skill sheets
· Played a game called Desk Pop to practice spelling words
· Read “Spring” in Frog and Toad Are Friends and discussed the characters, setting, problem, and solution.
· Learned about lucky books and created a lucky log! We read Lily’s Purple Plastic Purse for fiction and Frogs! for non fiction.
· Watched a short Brain Pop Jr. video on frogs and the life cycle
· Fed Frodo crickets!
· Read about the life cycle of a frog and made a cool wheel
· Read and highlighted information comparing Frogs and Toads. We then placed cards in the correct categories
· Read about salamanders and learned the 5 Burlington amphibians
**A study guide went home Thursday for your child to study for a test next Wednesday Oct. 1st on amphibians. Please help your child study!
· Wrote a special note to our parents
· Continued to work on our personal narratives
· Did adjective activities
Check out our fun photos! I am proud of all their hard work!
Enjoy your weekend! It should feel like summer!-Mrs. Farrand :)