Happy Columbus Day! I can’t believe the long weekend is already here….
We had another fantastic week of learning in second grade!
Here are some of the things we have been working on:
· Worked on doubles
· Worked on adding three numbers
· Learned about adding in any order
· Learned how to make 10 to add using ten-frames
· Took Topic 2 Test
· Week 1 of Unit 3 Fundations
· Worked on bonus letters and more glued sounds
· Learned closed syllables and closed syllable expectation
· Practiced trick words
· Started Mr. Putter and Tabby Pick the Pears and Henry and Mudge Under the Yellow Moon
· Started to make text to self connections
· Started to learn about Evergreen and Deciduous trees
· Read more books about fall
· Started to create a tree diagram
· Continued learning about procedural text
· Wrote directions on how to write a recipe
· Demonstrated how to draw a cross-section diagram by looking at the inside of an apple and labeling the parts
My first week with the second graders as been a blast! I am so lucky to share the next few months with this group of students.
I hope everyone has a great long weekend—no school on Monday. Please have students start working on their Family Tree projects. If you need anything please let me know. Also, still NO baby news from Mrs. Farrand, we are all hoping VERY soon!
Enjoy your weekend!
-Miss Santullo :)