It's December! How did that happen? It was so nice speaking with all of the parents about how their children are doing. My students are so kind and such hard workers. It makes me love coming to work each day!
Here are some things we have been working on:
- Began Unit 5 using subtraction strategies
- Used the hundred chart to solve problems
- Used the open number line to subtract tens
- Used the open number line to subtract tens and ones
- Practiced ST Math
In Fundations and Reading:
- Practiced our unit 6 trick words using gel boards
- Learned about -ive suffix and exception to the rule
- Practiced a check up in our composition book
- Played Desk Pop to practice spelling words
- Worked on summarizing stories in our own words
- Worked on the final product for our class book on Abraham Lincoln. They did an amazing job!
*The students will begin individual projects next week.
In Social Studies:
- Read about The Pilgrims and watched a short video
- Read with our 5th grade buddies
Have a nice weekend!
-Mrs. Farrand :)