I hope you had a restful vacation with your family. Can you believe it will be May tomorrow? The time is flying by! We have been learning together for 145 days, which means we only have 35 days left! Wow! We will be working hard until the very end!
Here are some of the things we did this week!
- Continued learning about money
- Added and subtracted money using the cent symbol
- Learned about estimating to solve problems
- Used a chart to figure out items we could afford to buy
- Played Collect $1.00 and Spend $1.00
In Writing/Social Studies:
- Started learning about persuasive writing for a travel brochure for India
- Learned from a mentor text about Washington D.C.
- Researched from books about India to record persuasive facts
- Watched a DVD about different schools in India
- Listened to Mrs. Olshaw talk about her journey to India and saw cool pictures and a video
- Read The Elephant Dance
- Started Unit 15 on 6 sounds for u
- Discussed vocabulary and wrote sentences for group and smooth
- Used white boards for dictation
- Practiced trick words through iPads and Twingo
- My group is reading Beauregard the Cat and we are learning inferences
- Miss Sacco came to teach us about summarizing events and what to include.
- Read The Name Jar and wrote a summary together the next day
|Ms. Sacco teaching us|
Enjoy the weekend!
-Mrs. Farrand :)