Here are some things we did this week!
- Practiced regrouping for subtraction using cubes and paper and pencil for two-digit numbers and one digit numbers
- Practiced regrouping for subtraction using cubes and paper and pencil for two-digit numbers and two digit numbers
- Learned a new poem to help us- This will help at home too!
- Began our Unit on r controlled syllables for ar, or
- Practiced trick words
- Learned the words harm and forbid
- Took our i-ready test
- Learned about two sounds for or- or, ore
In my Reading groups we are working on text features of non-fiction books. We will read some non fiction next week.
- Continued learning about reptiles by watching All About Reptiles DVD and writing facts
- Assigned them a special report due on January 25th! They got to choose which reptile they wanted.
- Read about the differences between reptiles and amphibians and used a Venn Diagram
- Read about different turtles using a poem
- Read the book One Tiny Turtle about sea turtles and looked at pics of Mrs. Farrand from a turtle sanctuary in the Cayman Islands!
- We have a cool snapping turtle Miles too!
- Learned about diamante poems using winter and summer as a topic
- Reviewed nouns, ing verbs, and adjectives
- Miss Martin came in to continue talking about bullying too
Have a nice long weekend!