I hope you had a nice long weekend! We had another fast week and accomplished a lot!
Here’s a Peek at our week:
- Practiced regrouping with subtraction
- Used clues to solve riddle problems
- Played math games with adding 3 digit numbers
- Took our Topic 11 test
- Began Topic 12 on Geometry, read a story, and played a game looking for solid shapes (3-D)
- Started unit 14 fundations unit
- Reviewed the /ou/ sound of ou and ow
- Trick word practice with gel boards and relay game
- played charades using words that made the /ou/ sound (example, mouse, found, trout, house, pound)
- reviewed noun and tower for vocabulary
- reading groups read The Three Wishes and Edgar Badger’s Balloon Day
- Reviewed for the weather test by playing Jeopardy
- Took our weather test (They did great!)
- Mr. Muscleman came and used an infrared camera to discuss heat energy and temperature.
- Began our new unit on insects
- Read Bugs Are Insects and learned special characteristics
- Watched a Brain pop Jr video on insects
- Watched All About Bugs video and created a What is an Insect? booklet
Mrs. Weldon came in and helped us begin researching an insect to make a book on the iPads using Book Creator. We will work on the books next week.
Have a nice weekend!
-Mrs. Farrand :)