Here are some of the things we did:
- Practiced regrouping using 2 digit numbers on top and bottom
- Used the number line to subtract
- Checked subtraction using addition
- Discussed ways to subtract such as mental math and paper and pencil
In Social Studies and Writing:
- Revised our facts and created our class book on North America
- Added illustrations, captions, and labels to make it great
- Began what we think we know about our assigned continent for the next research report
- Wrote a friendly letter about our week using leader/follower
- Learned about Chinese New Year and Abraham Lincoln through Scholastic Magazine with videos
In Fundations and Reading:
- Worked on the sounds of /a/ (a, a-e, ai, ay)
- Played trick word relay
- Learned new vocabulary complain and delayed
- Practiced dictation
- Took our Unit 10 test
- Read Lionel and Amelia and A Friend Like Ed. They are both stories about mice who are best friends.
Dr. Seuss Day was today! We had a special high school student who was the sister of one of my students! :) So fun!
Check out the fun photos!
Have a great weekend! I can't believe it's March already on Monday!
-Mrs. Farrand :)