Here are some of the things we did:
- Learned about reading and creating picture graphs and bar graphs
- Learned the names of coins and their values
- Played collect 25 cents and some even went up to 50 cents or $1.00!
- Solved coin caper riddles
- Adding coins with and without regrouping
In Reading and Fundations:
- Introduced -le syllabes and practiced writing the words
- Pantomimed -le words
- Practiced our fluency by reading plays The Town Mouse and The Country Mouse, The Lion and the Mouse, and The Tortoise and the Hare
- Performed the plays for each other to wrap up our final day! They did great!
- Learned about personal narratives
- Wrote our own personal narratives and typed them on the iPads
- Looked at the structure of different homes in the world and made a see and sketch book
In Social Studies:
- Learned about Mexico
- Watched a Brain Pop Jr. video
- Made a mini book of facts
- Colored a Mexcio map and the flag
- Learned different Spanish words and color names
It was out last day with our 5th grade buddies and they helped teach us math games. It was fun, but sad to say goodbye!
Monday's Field Day was perfect! We had a wonderful day and the weather was ideal!
Next week we only have 2 days! Tuesday will be a 1/2 day and dismissal is at 11:15 a.m.
Have a wonderful and safe summer with your family!