Friday, June 14, 2013

Peek At The Week

What a very busy week we had! It flew by and it was so fun too! 
The Famous American Tea was fantastic! I always love this event and I am so proud of all my students!
Thank you to all of the parents for helping with this memorable experience!
I would love any pictures that you took from the Tea today. You can email them to me. 
I did put some on the blog.
*See Fun Photos

In Math, we learned about tables and patterns. We filled in tables based on cubes and pattern blocks. We made pattern cube trains too with AB and ABC patterns.

In Social Studies, we wrote cinquain poems about our famous American. We also practiced for the Tea and learned about famous American symbols.

In Writing, we began writing in a special memory book for second grade. We wrote about a favorite book, made our cover portrait, the most interesting thing I learned, and what I liked best about my teacher. I always love reading them!

Thursday, 6/20 will be Field Day (weather permitting). Please check the backpack folder for an important notice about this fun day!

I hope you have a great weekend! I'm glad the weather turned around!
Happy Father’s Day to all the Dads!
I know you’ll enjoy your special gifts from your child!

-Mrs. Farrand