Here are some things we did this week!
- Solved 1 and 2 step problems
- Completed Daily Math Review work
- Explained whether we agreed or disagreed with someone's math solving skills
- Did our review/reteaching/game page with a perky partner
- Began Unit 7 on open syllables and reviewed all the syllable types
- Learned the word shy
- Practiced words using white boards
- Played Desk Pop to practice spelling and syllable marking
My reading class in finishing DRAs and my group read Wonderful Winter. We worked on comparing the main character to ourselves, took a quiz, and wrote a summary together.
- Started learning about reptiles and the 4 main groups are turtles, crocodilians, lizards and snakes
- Made a folder and did a sorting acitivity
In Writing and Social Studies:
- Finalizing our individual biography reports after doing research with books and websites on the iPads.
We met with our 5th grade buddies today and learned a new game.
It is fun and the second grade won! :)
One more week until winter vacation!
-Mrs. Farrand :)